Najla’s Bulgur and Red Kidney Beans
Published: February 24, 2014
- Yield: 3 Servings
1 x protein 1 x carbohydrate ½ x vegetables 1 x fat
- 270g can of red kidney beans
- 90g brown bulgur
- 1 medium medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic cushed
- 2 tablespoon table spoons of tomato paste
- mug of water
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Fry onion in oil until soft or golden (as you wish) add bulgur (after cleaning and washing under water) stir for 5 mn.
- Add water and spices, you can put one cube of veg stock (optional).add the tomatoe paste and stir. Reduce the heat.
- When water is half absorbed, add the beans cover and simmer over a low heat until completely ripped
- Serve hot or cold, with skimmed yogurt if you wish