By September 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 10 mins
- Cook: 5 mins
- Ready In: 15 mins
A quick dessert that is so low in fat but tastes delicious! Choose any fruits in season Selections per serving on the Good Habits Plan 1 x fruit, ¼ x milk, ½ x protein, 40 optional calories
- 4 medium-sized peaches
- 150 ml low-fat set natural yogurt
- 120g low-fat soft cheese
- 8 teaspoons demerara sugar
- Preheat the grill
- Plunge the peaches into boiling water for 1 minute and then peel them. Halve the peaches and then remove the stones and slice them thinly. Arrange them in 4 individual dishes or glasses that will withstand direct heat.
- Mix together the natural yogurt and low-fat soft cheese. Spoon an equal amount over each portion of peaches, levelling the top.
- Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of demerara sugar evenly over the surface of the yogurt mixture in each dish. Transfer the dishes to the grill pan and grill until the sugar melts and bubbles. (Be careful to keep an eye on them as the sugar will start to burn quickly if left too long under the direct heat.)
- Remove from the grill and allow to cool before serving.