By September 17, 2012Published:
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 20 mins
- Ready In: 35 mins
This dish is an excellent weekend treat and unlike the restaurant versions is low in fat but high in taste! You can always freeze any extra portions! Portions per serving - 3 x Proteins - 50 optional calories
- 720 g Chicken Breast Skinless
- Cooking Spray Oil
- 1 Large Onion Diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Root Ginger Freshly Grated
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Clove Freshly Crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Dried Coriander
- 2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 4 tablespoon Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon Cornflour
- 2 158ml cans Rainbow Light Milk
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Coat a large wok with cooking spray and sauté chicken, garlic, onion and ginger until the pieces are nearly cooked.
- Add all the spices and combine with chicken for one minute.
- Add tomato paste and fold through the chicken.
- Blend cornflour with the light milk then add to the pan. Stir continuously mixing well until boiled.
- Serve with steamed brown basmati rice and salad.
- This recipe freezes well.