Yogurt Spiced Chicken and Rice
By August 28, 2012Published:
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Prep: 15 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- Ready In: 45 mins
Delicious Middle Eastern style cooking. Portions per serving on the Good Habits Plan 3 x protein 2 x carbohydrate 1 x vegetable 20 optional calories
- 150 g Plain Fat Free Yogurt
- 2 Level Tablespoons Curry Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Fresh Coriander
- 4 medium Chicken Breast Skinless 4 x 100g
- 240 g Brown Basmati Rice
- 1 Vegetable Stock Cube
- 1 medium Carrot Gratted
- 1 medium Red Pepper Deseeded and Chopped
- 1 Red or Green Chilli DDeseeded and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Mint
- Mix the yogurt and curry powder together in a bowl and add the chopped coriander.
- Place the chicken breasts between sheets of cling film, then use a meat mallet or rolling pin to beat them out until slightly flattened. Add them to the yogurt mixture, stirring to coat. Cover, chill and leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- Cook the rice in lightly salted boiling water with the stock cube until tender. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool quickly. Add the carrot, red pepper, chilli, mint and coriander.
- Barbecue or grill the chicken breasts for about 6 minutes on each side until thoroughly cooked. (The juices should run clear when you pierce the thickest part with a sharp knife.)